We are so glad you are here!
Currently, we are going through a leadership transition and will be back to monthly meetings by October 2019. In the meantime, be sure to sign-up for the listserv where we make announcements, promote events, and seek input.
The mission of the LGBTQ Staff and Faculty Employee Resource Group (QERG) of Harvard University is to ensure that Harvard is a welcoming and inclusive workplace for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, nonbinary, and queer employees. The QERG works with the University’s many schools, offices, and LGBTQ leaders in our shared goal of ensuring Harvard is a great place to both work and learn.The QERG serves as a visible, accessible resource for LGBTQ employees and will provide recruitment, networking and career development opportunities.
LGBTQ Outreach and Engagement Director
Harvard Medical School
Director of BGLTQ Student Life
Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study
Senior Associate Director,
Office of Career Advancement
Harvard Kennedy School
Harvard LGBTQ Welcomers
Some members of the QERG have volunteered to be listed as a “Welcomer” -- if you’re new to a particular School or Unit, this is someone you can reach out to who’s out, friendly, and knows the ropes. Please refer to the online Harvard directory for their contact info.
- BUSINESS SCHOOL: Sarah Viera, Staff Assistant, HBS Admissions Team
- BUSINESS SCHOOL: Marco Viera, Associate Director, Alumni Technology, External Relations
- CREDIT UNION: Meagan Sobel, Executive Assistant
- DIVISION OF CONTINUING EDUCATION: Megan Gianniny, High School Programs Associate, Harvard Summer School
- GRADUATE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION: Kristin Foster, Program Coordinator, Chen Yidan Visiting Global Fellows program, Learning Initiatives and Teaching Support
- HISTORY OF SCIENCE: Sophia Roosth, Frederick S. Danziger Associate Professor of the History of Science
- KENNEDY SCHOOL: Charles Porter, Faculty Assistant
- LIBRARIES: Robyn Rosenberg, Engineering Librarian, Cabot Science Library
- LONGWOOD CAMPUS: Meredith Solomon, Outreach Officer - Countway Library of Medicine, Longwood Campus
- PSYCHOLOGY: Christopher “Topher” Dial, Lab Manager, Department of Psychology
If you would like to be listed as a "Welcomer" for your School, please contact us here.
Some other ways to get connected with LGBTQ folks across the University (besides signing up for the ERG mailing list!) are: